Ram has elevated costs throughout its vary of pickup vans, most being slugged with a $6000 hike.
A spokesperson for distributor Ateco stated costs are up as a result of elevated part and labour prices, together with elevated transport and provide chain prices. A well-recognized story.
Ateco says there aren’t any “important” spec adjustments however “we proceed to be impacted within the short-term by the worldwide chip scarcity with our driver assist package deal”.
Ram’s pickup vans are imported to Australia in left-hand drive and remanufactured to right-hand drive by Walkinshaw in Melbourne.
Whereas the base-model Quad Cab variant of the older DS-series Ram 1500 Specific variant is now not accessible in line with the Ram web site, Ateco says it nonetheless exists to order.
This model is now priced at $82,950 earlier than on-roads, which means you may now not get a Ram for beneath $80,000 earlier than on-roads.
In contrast to fellow Stellantis model Jeep, Rams are distributed regionally by Ateco. Nonetheless, each manufacturers’ Australian operations have posted related value will increase.
Jeep has elevated costs throughout most of its fashions for 2022, with the Wrangler copping a value hike of between $6600 and $7000.
Cherokee costs are up by as much as $3500, whereas Gladiator fashions are up by over $2000.
The model additionally cited will increase in materials prices, in addition to ongoing provide chain points.
The Ram vary was bolstered with redesigned variations of the heavy-duty 2500 and 3500 late final yr, each packing Cummins 6.7-litre turbo-diesel inline-six engines.
The Ram 1500 nameplate is utilized to each the redesigned DT collection, accessible in upscale Laramie and Restricted trim ranges, and the previous-generation DS collection, accessible in base Specific and sporty-looking Warlock variants. All use a 5.7-litre petrol V8.
Stellantis is constant to provide the older DS collection as a extra inexpensive counterpart to the brand new, extra tech-rich DT collection.
The Ram vary battles the Chevrolet Silverado, additionally remanufactured in right-hand drive by Walkinshaw and accessible in petrol V8-powered 1500 and turbo-diesel V8 HD guises.
Ram 1500 DS-series
- 2022 Ram 1500 Specific Quad Cab: $82,950 (+$3000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Specific Crew Cab: $95,950 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Specific Crew Cab with RamBox: $100,450 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Warlock Crew Cab with RamBox: $111,950 (+$3000)
Ram 1500 DT-series
- 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab: $123,900 (+$4000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Laramie Crew Cab with RamBox: $128,850 (+$4000)
- 2022 Ram 1500 Restricted Crew Cab with RamBox: $148,950 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab: $163,950 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 2500 Laramie Crew Cab with RamBox: $168,900 (+$6000)
- 2022 Ram 3500 Laramie Crew Cab: $168,950 (+$6000)
All costs exclude on-road prices.