1) The evolution: Within the 18 years because it invigorated the reside music scene in downtown Fort Lauderdale with an intimate venue (Revolution Reside) for famend and rising expertise, Rattling Good Hospitality has adopted the highway less-traveled to advantageous eating. Profitable ideas in Broward just like the informal Yard and speakeasy-inspired Stache each have fun socializing and grownup drinks greater than kitchen fare. However give Rattling Good CEO Jeff John credit score. When his group lastly did enterprise into advantageous eating, it modified a culinary panorama.
2) Household affair: The western a part of south Palm Seaside County has gone gaga (not Woman Gaga, who really performed at Revolution again within the day) over Warren and the American Whiskey Kitchen idea. The identify is an ode to John’s late uncle and mentor, Warren, who died at age 66 in 2014. However it’s additionally an homage to John’s grandmother, a lady of Center Jap descent who escaped persecution at age 7 by fleeing to Lebanon together with her mom and, later, to the south of France. She would finally land in Chicago, the place she raised 4 kids totally on her personal after her husband died. “She was a powerful, well-traveled girl,” John says. “Our household loves individuals, we love tradition—and we love America. That got here from her.”
3) Within the spirit: The restaurant’s celebration of whiskey, in the meantime, is all John. He began amassing it and growing relationships with completely different manufacturers after launching Stache in 2013. As evidenced by the again wall at Warren, that networking continues to bear fruit. Warren boasts almost 1,000 authentic bottles in its assortment with a mixed price of some $1 million. Along with spectacular top-dollar rarities—a 50-year-old Macallan, launched in 2018, is one among solely 35 launched in america (1 ounce is $5,000)—John is especially happy with the only barrels he’ll style take a look at and buy in Kentucky from manufacturers like Buffalo Hint, Blanton’s and Russell’s Reserve. Give Warren’s “religious adviser,” John “Fitzy” Fitzpatrick (who has encyclopedic information of the back-wall choices) some props for the 100-proof 1792 Bottled in Bond bourbon he chosen throughout a latest go to to Kentucky with the boss.
4) The menu: On the foodie entrance, Warren retains the great occasions rolling with an emphasis on five-star sourcing and repair, and dishes (even entrees) meant to be shared. Although it provides off a steakhouse vibe, it’s far more than that. On the starter facet, surprises abound—like Gloria’s KFC, a Korean spin on small fried rooster bites with pitch-perfect gochujang glaze; Berkshire pork and bourbon apples served with whole-grain honey mustard; and an artfully plated roasted cauliflower with poblano, smoked pepper coulis and avocado crème.
5) Star turns: Being from Chicago, John says that “if we are able to’t ship a very good steak, we shouldn’t be within the restaurant enterprise.” Warren delivers, after which some, with beef sourced from A Minimize Above in Fort Lauderdale. Standouts embrace the Carrara ribeye, an Australian wagyu in roasted garlic butter that melts in your mouth, in addition to the dry-aged (28 days) prime New York strip in a wine service provider sauce. One of the vital widespread dishes continues to be the (Maine) lobster seafood Bolognese, with scallops and jumbo shrimp. One other seafood star, the wild-caught Scottish salmon, was Uncle Warren’s favourite dish.