The US, Britain, France, Albania, Norway and Eire have requested an emergency UN Safety Council assembly Thursday due to the deteriorating humanitarian state of affairs in Ukraine, diplomatic sources mentioned. The request got here after US President Joe Biden on Wednesday known as Russian President Vladimir Putin “a conflict prison”, in feedback the Kremlin known as “unacceptable and unforgivable”. Comply with our reside weblog for all the newest developments.
- President Joe Biden known as Russian President Vladimir Putin a “conflict prison” on Wednesday, triggering a right away offended riposte from Russia.
- Anti-terrorism prosecutors in France have opened a conflict crime investigation into the loss of life of Franco-Irish Fox Information cameraman Pierre Zakrzewski who was shot close to Kyiv whereas overlaying the conflict in Ukraine, an official assertion mentioned Wednesday.
- US President Joe Biden on Wednesday mentioned the United States was providing an extra $800 million in safety help to Ukraine to fight Russia’s invasion, with the brand new package deal together with drones and anti-aircraft methods.
- President Vladimir Putin mentioned Wednesday that his navy marketing campaign in Ukraine was a hit and that he wouldn’t permit the nation to develop into a “springboard” used to threaten Russia.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky addressed US Congress on Wednesday.
- Explosions rocked the western a part of Kyiv early Wednesday, injuring two folks and damaging residential buildings in Shevchenkivskyi district, based on emergency companies.
- Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky on Wednesday mentioned peace talks with Russia had been sounding “extra real looking”. Hours later, Russian International Minister Sergei Lavrov mentioned the peace talks had been “not simple” however added that there was hope for compromise.
- The prime ministers of Poland, the Czech Republic and Slovenia safely returned to Poland Wednesday after endeavor a harmful prepare journey to Kyiv, the place they met with President Zelensky and senior Ukrainian officers.
- UNHCR, the UN refugee company, mentioned on Wednesday that 3,063,095 Ukrainians have fled the nation for the reason that conflict started on February 24, a determine up 93,495 since Tuesday’s replace. UNICEF, the UN youngsters’s company, mentioned round half of those that have fled are youngsters.
Comply with our reside updates beneath. If updates do not seem, please refresh the web page.
(FRANCE 24 with REUTERS, AFP and AP)