The most recent version of NHL Stats Information brings you all of the stats and milestones out of your favorite gamers and groups across the NHL. We begin with the spectacular begin to a profession by Cole Caufield, data being damaged on the Nashville Predators, and the celebs doing it once more for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Then we go to the Edmonton Oilers and extra scoring from the dynamic duo, a document begin for the Colorado Avalanche, and way more.
Cole Caufield Begins Profession With a Bang
Caufield is the primary rookie in NHL historical past to attain a number of additional time objectives in a couple of season. Caufield tied 4 different gamers with probably the most additional time objectives in a participant’s first two NHL seasons (4). He joins Sean Monahan, John Klingberg, Shayne Gostisbehere, and Brayden Level. Caufield has the seventh-most additional time winners in franchise historical past, trailing Max Pacioretty (10), Howie Morenz (seven), Saku Koivu (seven), Johnny Gagnon (six), Alex Galchenyuk (six), and Pit Lepine (5).
Caufield recorded the third-fastest two objectives by a participant in franchise historical past (0:08), trailing Peter Mahovlich (0:05 in 1971) and Stephane Richer (0:07 in 1987). Caufield scored the second-fastest two objectives in a recreation by a rookie in NHL historical past behind solely Deron Quint (0:04 in 1995). The Montreal Canadiens have allowed five-plus objectives in 24 video games this season, the second-most in a season in franchise historical past subsequent to 26 in 1983-84.
Data Set in Nashville
Filip Forsberg has recorded the third 30-goal season of his profession, probably the most in franchise historical past, passing Viktor Arvidsson (two). Forsberg additionally required the fewest quantity of video games to succeed in 30 objectives in a season in franchise historical past (46 GP), passing Arvidsson (49 GP) as effectively.
Roman Josi has the third-most multi-goal video games amongst European-born defencemen in NHL historical past (16), trailing Sergei Gonchar (22) and Nicklas Lidstrom (21). Josi is the third participant in franchise historical past to document 50 assists in a season, becoming a member of Paul Kariya (54 in 2005-06 & 52 in 2006-07) and Ryan Johansen (50 in 2018-19).
The Predators tied a franchise document with 29 blocked pictures in a recreation. It was the third time the franchise has reached that mark in a recreation.
Auston Matthews & Firm Attain Extra Milestones
Auston Matthews tied a franchise document by recording his seventh profession purpose streak of 5 or extra video games, becoming a member of Babe Dye and Rick Vaive. Matthews is the third participant in franchise historical past to document 45-plus objectives a number of seasons, becoming a member of Vaive (three) and Lanny McDonald (two). Matthews moved into eighth in franchise historical past with 184 profession even-strength objectives, passing Bob Pulford. Matthews moved into sixth amongst American-born gamers in factors in his first six seasons (428). He trails Jeremy Roenick (495), Joe Mullen (460), Jimmy Carson (440), Ed Olczyk (433), and Mike Modano (431). Just one centre since 1990 has required fewer video games to attain 45 objectives in a season (56 GP) than Matthews, Mario Lemieux (41 GP in 1995-96 & 46 GP in 1992-93).
John Tavares recorded his twelfth 20-goal season within the NHL, fourth-most amongst lively gamers, becoming a member of Alex Ovechkin (17), Sidney Crosby (14), and Patrick Kane (13). Mitch Marner is the primary participant in franchise historical past to document six consecutive 40-assist seasons to start his profession. Amongst lively gamers, Marner trails solely Artemi Panarin (seven) for consecutive 40-assist seasons to start his profession. T.J. Brodie recorded his three hundredth profession level.
Erik Kallgren recorded his first profession shutout and win. He’s the fourth goalie in franchise historical past to document a shutout in his first begin, becoming a member of Garret Sparks (2015), Al Rollins (1950), and Benny Grant (1929). Kallgren recorded the third-most saves in a shutout by a rookie in franchise historical past (35).
Sheldon Keefe is the quickest coach in franchise historical past to document 100 wins (163 video games). The earlier document was held by Pat Quinn and Dick Irvin (184 video games). The Maple Leafs allowed four-plus objectives in six consecutive video games for the primary time since 2006.
Oilers’ Stars Put Up Extra Factors
Connor McDavid is the fifth participant in franchise historical past to document 200 multi-point video games, becoming a member of Wayne Gretzky (472), Mark Messier (300), Jari Kurri (296), and Glenn Anderson (240). McDavid is the Eleventh participant in NHL historical past to document 200 multi-point video games in his first seven seasons.
Associated: NHL Stats Information: Hurricanes, Blues, Oilers, Flames, Penguins, Canucks
McDavid and Leon Draisaitl are the fourth teammates to every document at the least 85 factors of their crew’s first 60 video games of the season since 1994. They be part of Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr (1996-97), Lemieux, Jagr, and Ron Francis (1995-96), and Peter Forsberg and Joe Sakic (1995-96).
Avalanche on Tempo for Report Season
The Avalanche have posted their finest document by means of the primary 60 video games of a season in franchise historical past (42-13-5). Darcy Kuemper recorded a shutout in consecutive video games for the second time this season.
Nathan MacKinnon moved right into a tie for sixth-most profession multi-point video games in franchise historical past (167) with Anton Stastny and a tie for the seventh-most multi-goal video games in franchise historical past (28) with Gabriel Landeskog.
Participant & Group Stats & Milestones From Across the NHL
- There have been 13 hat methods within the first two weeks of March, the third-most in NHL historical past by means of the primary two weeks of any month. March of 1988 had 14 and February of 1981 had 14 as effectively.
- The Florida Panthers have gained 18 additional time video games since 2020-21, probably the most within the NHL by a margin of 5 (Tampa Bay Lightning- 13).
- The Anaheim Geese have gone previous regulation for an NHL-leading 20 occasions.
- The Minnesota Wild are within the midst of a franchise-record nine-game homestand.
- Alex Ovechkin has scored the third-most objectives in NHL historical past (767), passing Jagr. Axel Jonsson-Fjallby recorded his first profession purpose.
- Jonathan Huberdeau has recorded the fifth-most single season assists in NHL historical past by a left winger (65), 5 from the document of 70 completed by Joe Juneau (1992-93).
- Sidney Crosby scored 20 objectives in a season for the 14th time in his profession, probably the most in franchise historical past and second amongst lively gamers behind Alex Ovechkin (17). Crosby handed Evgeni Malkin for the second-most game-winning objectives in franchise historical past (76), and trails solely Jaromir Jagr (78). Crosby moved into twenty second all-time with 878 profession assists, tying Nicklas Lidstrom.
- Cole Sillinger recorded his first profession hat trick. He’s the second-youngest participant in franchise historical past to document a hat trick (18y, 301d). Solely Nikita Filatov did so at a youthful age (18y, 230d). Sillinger is the Eleventh-youngest participant on the time of his first profession hat trick in NHL historical past.
- Artemi Panarin has the second-most occasions recording 70-plus factors amongst left wingers of their first seven seasons in NHL historical past (six), trailing Luc Robitaille (seven).
- Vladimir Tarasenko is tied for the fifth-most factors in franchise historical past (496), tying Alex Steen and passing Pavel Demitra (493). Tarasenko can be tied for the fourth-most 20-goal seasons in franchise historical past (seven) with Demitra and Brian Sutter.
- Lawson Crouse recorded his first profession hat trick. He’s the eighth participant in franchise historical past to document a hat trick that included a fair energy purpose, power-play purpose, and shorthanded purpose. He’s the primary to take action for the crew since Antoine Vermette (2014).
- Craig Anderson is the second-oldest goaltender to play in an outside recreation (40y, 296d) subsequent to Martin Brodeur. Anderson is the ninth-oldest participant to play in an outside recreation. He’s the oldest goaltender to win an outside recreation in NHL historical past. He’s 3-0-0 in out of doors video games in his profession.
- Vinnie Hinostroza recorded the seventeenth multi-goal recreation in an outside recreation in NHL historical past. Hinostroza and Peyton Krebs are the second pair of teammates in NHL historical past to every rating two objectives in an outside recreation, becoming a member of Richard Zednik and Yanic Perreault (Montreal Canadiens, 2003 Heritage Traditional).
- Nick Foligno performed his one hundredth profession recreation. He joined his father, Mike Foligno, because the second father-son duo to every play 1000 profession video games. Bobby Hull and Brett Hull are the others. Nick is the tenth participant to succeed in 1000 GP this season. Foligno is the fifth participant from the 2006 NHL Draft to succeed in that milestone.
- Jonathan Fast performed his 700th profession recreation. He’s the fourth American-born goaltender to play 700 video games, becoming a member of John Vanbiesbrouck (882 GP), Ryan Miller (796 GP), and Tom Barrasso (777 GP). Fast has the Thirtieth-most video games performed by a goaltender in NHL historical past and third amongst lively goalies behind Marc-Andre Fleury (926 GP) and Carey Value (707 GP).
- Claude Giroux recorded his 900th profession level, second-most in franchise historical past behind Bobby Clarke (1210). Giroux additionally handed Eric Lindros for the eighth-most objectives in franchise historical past (291).
- Troy Terry recorded his one hundredth profession level. Terry required the sixth-fewest video games to succeed in 100 profession factors in franchise historical past amongst gamers who debuted with the membership (187 GP).
- Chris Kreider recorded his four-hundredth profession level. He strikes into seventeenth place in franchise historical past for factors. He’s the twelfth member of the 2009 NHL Draft to succeed in 400 factors. Kreider has scored the sixth-most power-play objectives in a season in franchise historical past (20). The document is held by Jagr (24 in 2005-06).
- Mikko Koivu is the primary participant to have his quantity retired in franchise historical past.
- J.T. Miller has recorded some extent streak of 13 GP. The final time a Vancouver Canucks’ participant recorded an extended level streak was 1982-83.
- Lucas Raymond has recorded probably the most factors by a rookie for the Detroit Purple Wings (46) since Lidstrom (60 in 1991-92).
- Josh Norris is the second-fastest participant in franchise historical past to attain 40 profession objectives, (102 GP), trailing solely Alexei Yashin (101 GP).
- Bo Horvat scored his eighth-career shorthanded purpose, tied for eighth in franchise historical past with Matt Cooke.
- Quinn Hughes has recorded the sixth-most assists in a season amongst defencemen in franchise historical past (44).
- Alex Killorn performed his 700th profession recreation.
- Kasperi Kapanen performed his three hundredth profession recreation.
- Jordan Spence recorded his first profession level.
There was a ton that has gone on early this week already, from level streaks to objectives to gamers climbing franchise and all-time lists. Keep updated with all the most recent stats and milestones from across the NHL with NHL Stats Information coming to you each couple of days.
Rob Sofa is a THW freelance author overlaying primarily the Edmonton Oilers and Philadelphia Flyers. He covers all the things you must find out about fantasy hockey. He can even maintain you updated with NHL Stats Information, commerce talks, and day by day betting guides.
Yow will discover extra of his work right here.
Comply with Rob on Twitter or his hockey account Stat Hockey for the most recent articles, stats, and extra.